Friday, December 05, 2008

Meenakshy

MRD No : 724497
Age / Sex : 62 Years / Female
Department : Cardiology
Date of Admission / Discharge : 02/12/2008—05/12/2008


Pranams to Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Amma,

My name is Smija and I am writing this letter on behalf of my mother Meenakshy. Couple of months back she had a heart attack. We took her to a nearby hospital and was treated there. After couple of days she experienced breathing problems and underwent treatment from a cardiologist. Since there was no relief of her symptoms after medication, the doctor asked her to get an angiogram done. Our financial condition is really bad. We live on daily wages. My parents are staying together. Since my mother is ill, I am staying with them now. All we have is cents of land and a small house. We put that on debt to pay off the bills for the treatment. With Amma’s grace, we were given treatment help for all the tests. The doctors told us that we would need a huge amount of Rs. 1 lakh for her treatment. First we paid Rs, 40,000. After that we were told to pay a huge amount of Rs. 45,331. So I contacted patient services and got help from them. We will always be indebted to Amma for that help. My family consists of myself, my father, mother, husband and our 2 year old son. My husband is working as a room boy in a hotel in Guruvayoor. I work as a salesgirl in a supermarket. An amount of Rs. 2500 is needed for my mother’s medications monthly. That is why I go for this job. I earn Rs. 1000 and my husband earns Rs.1800 rupees. We are also in debt as a lot of money was needed during our marriage. All the doctors, nurses and other staff in this hospital were very loving towards us. We got a lot of help from here. Amma provided us Rs. 62,900 as treatment help. We will always be indebted to Amma for this great help. All the staff at patient services were very loving towards us. I give consent to publish my mother’s photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication.

Regards,
Smija

No comments: