Saturday, August 30, 2008

K.A.Sheeja

MRD No : 695451
Age/ Sex : 40 Years / Female
Department : Oncology
Date of Admision / Discharge : 27/08/2008—30/08/2008


Dearest Amma who has all the virtues but is humble, compassionate and comforting.

My family consists of myself, my wife Sheeja and my mother and we hail from a place called Cherayi, Pallippuram panchayat in Ernakulam district. For the past two years or more, my mother K.N.Baby who is 64 years old, has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer, diabetes and heart problems. Since January 2008, she underwent treatment in couple of hospitals for about 4 ½ months and while on treatment she passed away on June 19th. All this time for saving our mother’s life we had already pledged all the gold we had and taken some personal loans and now we have a huge amount of Rs. 2,50,000 as debt. We went to a lot of hospitals for my mother’s treatment and as a result, I lost my job because I had to stay off work many times. I have been hunting for a new job for the past 4-5 months now. In July my wife Sheeja found a lump in her right breast and after biopsy she was diagnosed with cancer. The oncologists at AIMS immediately performed other tests and they told that she had to undergo surgery immediately. They told that the surgery would cost a huge amount of Rs. 25,000. We could not afford such a huge amount of money. We then remembered about Amma’s charity activities and so went to Amritapuri and met Amma and told her about our problem. Amma consoled us and told us that She would take care of all our medical expenses. We were given a letter and we took it to the patient services department and as a result the surgery was successfully performed. We offer our gratitude to Amma for understanding our financial problem and providing Rs. 21,756 for my wife’s surgery. We will forever pray for Amma’s welfare and we offer our pranams at Amma’s holy feet. We thank all the doctors, nurses, other staff at the oncology department and everyone from patient services for all the help. I give consent to publish my wife’s photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication.

Regards,
E.K.Sajeev.

No comments: