Thursday, September 04, 2008

P.Sahadevan

MRDNo : 702422
Age/Sex : 49 Years/Male
Department : Oncology
Date of Admission/Discharge : 03/09/2008---04/09/2008


To my loving Amma,

I come from a very poor financial background. I used to work as a taxi jeep driver. With the arrival of new vehicles in town, the demand for this one went down. That’s how my daily wages stopped all on a sudden. I get chest pain very often and I am on medication. So I am unable to go for any job. My family consists of myself, my wife and two children. My children are studying in 5th and 1st standard respectively. Last year I was diagnosed with some problem in my throat. I underwent surgery for that at a local hospital, but it was a failure. Now the problem has started again. After checkup, I was diagnosed with throat cancer. We spoke to the doctor and as per his advice, we came to AIMS. We contacted patient services and we were given Rs. 40,125 as treatment help. We offer a million pranams to our dear Amma for all the help.

At first, I experienced pain in my throat and difficulty while talking. I went to a nearby hospital for checkup and the doctors said that there was some swelling at the point of the throat where the sound comes from. The doctor also said that I had to undergo a biopsy. So a biopsy was done and the doctors confirmed that I had cancer. I had to undergo a surgery worth Rs. 50,000 and also an instrument would be inserted to help with my speech. Since we were financially very poor we told the doctor that we could not afford any treatment. Then the doctor told us that in Amma’s hospital free treatment was provided to the financially poor people and so we came here. We consulted the doctor and he said that I only needed to undergo radiation and not surgery. We were told that I would need to have 50 radiations worth Rs. 50,000. So we contacted patient services and got a letter to take to the ashram in Kozhikode. Someone from the ashram came to our house for enquiry. Amma provided 20 free radiation treatments. All the staff in this hospital treated us as their own family. Even in the most busiest hours, they were all willing to listen to our problems and clear all our doubts. Someone from Amrita TV interviewed us. I give consent to publish my photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication or telecast my video on Amrita TV.

Regards,
Sahadevan

No comments: