Friday, October 17, 2008

Azeez

MRD No :707677
Age/Sex : 32 Years/Male
Department : Oncology
Date of Admission /Discharge : 01/09/2008—17/10/2008


A million thanks to Amma.

Dearest Amma,

My name is Shahida and I hail from Kalpetta in Wayanad district. My husband Azeez got admitted in Amrita Hospital for treatment of blood cancer. The doctors had said that it would cost him a huge amount of Rs. 4.5 lakhs over a period of 2 ½ years. Myself and my family who does not have a steady income could not afford such a huge amount. My parents who are old aged and my daughter who is 3½ years old live together. I live with my husband in a rented house. We are highly indebted to Amma for providing Rs. 10,505 as treatment help. Initially he was admitted in a local hospital for treatment. The doctor there referred us to Amrita Hospital. We had spent a huge amount of Rs. 80,000 in the other hospital. He got admitted in this hospital on September 1, 2008. Since we could not afford the treatment we contacted patient services with their help and cooperation and with Amma’s grace, we were given Rs. 10,505 as treatment help. We are greatly indebted to Amma for this help. A million thanks to Amma. My husband used to work in a shop. He was unable to go for any work following his illness. He was the only source of income to the whole family. Since we don’t have a house of our own, we live in a rented house. For the past 1 ½ years my husband has been unable to go for any work and we have been in deep sorrow. With Amma’s grace and help from patient services we were given treatment help of Rs. 10,505. We give full consent to publish my husband’s photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication.

Regards,
Shahida

No comments: