Friday, October 03, 2008

Minnu Padmanabhan

MRD No : 64593
Age/ Sex : 8 Years/Female
Department : CVTS
Date of Admission / Discharge : 24/08/2008---03/10/2008


Dear Amma,

My name is Mini Padmanabhan and I hail from Kunnathunaadu taluk in Ernakulam district. My family consists of myself, my father, mother, husband and our two daughters. Both my parents are ill. My husband works as a helper in a workshop. We have not been able to build a house of our own till now. I stay in my house. The financial condition in my husband’s house is very bad. He has one brother who is mentally challenged. So he has to take care of his brother too.

My second daughter Minnu was a heart patient by birth. She underwent two surgeries at Am rita Hospital. Initially we took her to a nearby hospital. The doctor there referred us to this hospital. Mini had her first surgery when she was just 1 ½ months old. We borrowed money from our relatives to meet the surgery expenses. The next surgery was performed when she turned 3 years old. Before that surgery we contacted patient services. A swamiji came to our house for enquiry and was convinced of our poor living condition. As a result we got treatment help from Amma. Her third surgery was done when she was 8 years old. We were told that it would cost a huge amount of money. So we contacted patient services again seeking help. They understood our financial problems and we were given treatment help of Rs. 68058 from Amma’s charity. We will forever be thankful and indebted to Amma for all the help. We will never forget Amma in our lives. I always see Amma’s reflection when I look at my daughter’s face. All the doctors and nurses who treated my daughter were very hospitable toward us, which bought a lot of joy in our hearts. I give full consent to publish my daughter’s photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication. Once again a million pranams to Amma.

Regards,
Mini Padmanabhan

No comments: