Friday, October 17, 2008

Shanmughan

MRD No : 711004
Age/Sex : 47 Years/Male
Department: cardiology
Date of Admission/ Discharge : 14/10/2008—17/10/2008


Dear Amma,

I am Viji, wife of Shanmughan. We hail from Trichur district. Around three months back, one night my husband experienced weakness and started sweating all on sudden. Immediately he was taken to a nearby hospital and an ECG was performed and they asked us to transfer him to another hospital in the city. The doctors diagnosed that he had a heart attack. Immediately they gave him an injection and he was admitted there for two weeks. At that time a huge amount of Rs. 20,000 was spent for his treatment. My family consists of myself, my husband and our two children. My parents also live with us. The entire family depends on his mere wages for livelihood. Even his relatives are in a very bad financial situation. At this point we reached Amma’s hospital to correctly diagnose his situation and the doctor suggested angiogram. The angiogram showed three blocks and the doctors said that one of them needed angioplasty. We had already spent a large amount of money for his treatment in the past and could not afford any at this point. So we were asked to contact patient services. My husband has 20 cents of land. We got a letter from patient services which we took to the ashram in Trichur and immediately they understood our problems and told us that they would help us by paying some amount of money. We got the date for the angioplasty much earlier than we expected. We borrowed some money to give at the hospital. We thank Amma for Her kind heartedness and providing Rs.14,884 as treatment help. I hope and pray that many people get this kind of help from this institution. All the doctors and other staff in this hospital were very helpful. I give full consent to publish my husband’s photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication.

Regards,
Viji Shanmughan

No comments: