Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bernad George

MRD No : 711797
Age/Sex: 63 Years/ Male
Department : Oncology
Date of Admission/ Discharge : 22/10/2008—28/10/2008


To my dearest Amma,

My name is Bernad George and I hail from Maliyeckal Veedu, Alangad village in North Paravoor taluk. My family consists of myself, my wife and sister. I used to do coolie work and that was the only source of income in the family. One year back I suffered from fever. I was taken to a local hospital and the doctors performed various tests and I was diagnosed with cancer. After that I went to a hospital in Cochin and CT scan and other tests were performed there. Since then I have been surviving on just medication. In the midst of all this, my sister became mentally ill and we were in deep financial crisis. So I had to sell my house and with that money we bought this small house and the rest of the money was used to clear my debts. For the past five months, my condition has been very bad and I was unable to do anything. Some of my friends took care of the family’s expenses and also bought the necessary medicines for me. Even then I had borrowed a huge amount of Rs. 35,000 from my friends. At that time I met a friend of mine who was Amma’s devotee and told me about Amma’s hospital and the charitable activities. Thus I came here and consulted the doctor. I underwent counseling and I gained immense self confidence. So I was interested in getting treatment from here and I gave an application to receive fifteen radiations. I was given a report and following that, someone came to my house for enquiry and agreed to provide me with treatment help. I was given Rs. 10,790 as treatment help. I received excellent service and cooperation from all the doctors, nurses and other staff in this hospital. In God’s name I thank Amma and this institution for all the help. I pray to God that all the people who are financially poor receive help and compassion from this institution. I give full consent to publish my photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication.

Regards,
Bernad George

No comments: