Tuesday, November 18, 2008

B/o Jisha Thomas

MRD No : 720022
Age /Sex : 1 month / Male
Department : Paediatric cardiology
Date of Admission / Discaharge : 21/10/2008—18/11/2008


Namah Shivay

Om Amriteswaryai Namah

My name is Thomas Varkey and I hail from a place called Irattayar in Idukki district. My family consists of myself, my father, mother, two sisters, my wife and our two children. Both my sisters are not married. My parents are old aged. I was allotted a house from the church and I was also provided with brick and metal sheet. I bought the rest of the materials after taking loan from the bank. Before completing the work, I had to take my child to the hospital. My wife is a Hindu. Ours was a registered marriage and so we have no support from her house.

Two weeks following my child’s birth she suffered from fever and was taken to a local hospital. The doctors there said that she had heart problem and needed immediate surgery. There we had to spend a huge amount of Rs. 3550. From there we were referred to a hospital in Kottayam. There also we had to spend Rs. 3800. From there we were referred to a hospital in Trivandrum. There a balloon surgery worth Rs. 17000 was performed. Since we couldn’t afford such a huge amount of money the surgery was performed free of charge. She was discharged five days after that and was referred to Amrita Hospital for advanced surgery. So we came here and consulted the doctor and x-ray and echo tests were performed. The doctors said that she had to undergo immediate surgery worth Rs. 1,55,050. Being a coolie worker, I could not afford such a huge amount of money and I told this to the doctor. He asked me to contact patient services. So I went to patient services department and told them about my financial difficulties. Following that a swamiji came to my house for enquiry and informed patient services about my poor living condition. After that my child’s surgery was successfully performed. Now my child is doing fine. We feel that we received God’s blessings through Amma. I pray that Amma receives more and more of God’s blessings in the future. It is with the help of our neighbours and folks that we were able to afford treatment. We believe that it is all Amma’s blessings. I thank all the doctors, nurses and other staff in this hospital and also Amma who provided treatment help of Rs. 155050. I give consent to publish my child’s photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication.

Pranams to Amma.

Regards,

Thomas Varkey

No comments: