Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kanaka

MRD No : 707691
Age / Sex : 47 years / Female
Department : Paediatric Cardiology
Date of Admission / Discharge : 05/11/2008—12/11/2008


Om Namah Shivaya

Dearest Amma,

I am Kanaka’s husband Mohanan and we hail from a place called Puthuppanam, Vadakara taluk in Kozhikode district. I am a member of a poverty stricken family. My family consists of myself, my wife Kanaka and our two children. Our eldest daughter Priyanka is 21 years old and is studying for M Com and our son Priyesh is 18 years old and is studying in 11th standard. All we have is 7 cents of land and a small house. I am a coolie worker, but due to continued illness I am unable to go for work regularly. Four years back Kanaka suffered from severe cough and other problems. I took her to a doctor in Vadakara and he said that there was some problem with her heart. I was extremely sad to hear that. The doctor said that she had to perform an echo test to find out the problem. He referred Kanaka to a hospital in Kozhikode and an echo was performed and she was diagnosed with a hole in her heart and told us that she would need to undergo a surgery worth Rs. 1 lakh. An amount of Rs 1000 was spent there for the test. We were heartbroken and came back home in tears. After that we went to a hospital in Bangalore. There she underwent some test and was diagnosed with hole in her heart. They said that it needed to be closed. Since she was above 40 years of age, they put her on pending and told her to get treatment from any other hospital. After returning from there we went to a hospital in Kozhikode and the doctor there told that I had to undergo surgery worth Rs. 1 lakh. We were in deep grief. So the doctor asked us to send a letter to the prime minister’s relief fund asking for help. We didn’t get any reply and were in deep grief. That is when the doctor there told us about Amma’s hospital. So we came here and contacted patient services and they gave us all the instructions. We were asked to go to Amma’s ashram in Kozhikiode asking for treatment help. So we went there and met the Swamiji and told all our problems. We were able to get all the information regarding the ashram. After enquiry we were asked to come to this hospital. After coming here, we were given all the help from patient services. We can never thank Amma enough for providing us treatment help of Rs. 1,25,222. Myself and my family will always be indebted to Amma and the ashram for all the help. I cannot praise enough how excellent the behavior of all the staff and everyone at patient services is. The patient and the people coming along can never forget the treatment given in this hospital and also the wonderful environment. A million thanks to Amma for helping me in this surgery. We hope that we will be blessed to come and meet Amma. I give full consent to publish my wife’s photograph along with this letter in Amma’s publication.

Regards,
Mohanan

No comments: