Monday, November 10, 2008

C.K.Kesavan

MRDNo :520157
Age/ Sex : 47 years/Male
Department : Neurosurgery
Date of Admission/Discharge : 31.10.2008—10.11.2008


Pranams to AMMA.,

My name is Dhanya and I am C.K.Kesavan’s daughter. One fine day my dad experienced headache along with vomiting. We took him to a local hospital and some tests were performed on him. He was admitted there for four days. A huge amount of Rs. 10,000 was spent there. My father did not have relief of his symptoms. So we brought him over to this hospital. He underwent a scan and was diagnosed with aneurysm. The doctors said that he had to undergo a surgery worth Rs. 85,000 for that. Initially when I was admitted in this hospital I had to stay here for seven days. At that time various scans and tests were performed and a huge amount of Rs. 40,000 was spent at that time. Later on they performed some tests on him and said that he had to get admitted for the surgery.

My family consists of myself, my younger sister, brother, father, mother and grandmother. Both my parents are coolie workers. Five months back my father underwent an eye surgery following a stone hitting his eyeball. A huge amount of Rs. 12,000 was spent for that surgery. Following that my younger sister also underwent a surgery and a lot of money was spent for that too. We borrowed money from other to meet all the expenses. That is when my father fell sick. We did not have any money in our hand for treatment. I have been married for the past two years now. I had to sell all my gold ornaments for my father’s initial treatment. We did not have enough money to pay for his surgery. So we contacted patient services and someone from there came to our house for enquiry. They were convinced of our poor financial condition and offered to help us. We got a report from patient services stating that we would be provided with treatment help from Amma’s fund. All the doctors and other staff in this hospital were very loving and caring.

We hail from a place called Pallissery, Karukutti panchayat in Ernakulam district. All we have is ten cents of land. It is only with Amma’s help that my father could undergo the surgery. My family offer pranams to Amma. I give consent to publish this letter along with my father’s photograph in Amma’s publication

Regards,
Dhanya

No comments: