Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pradeep Kumar

MRD: 542493
Age/Sex : 44 years/ Male
Department: GastroIntestinal Surgery
Dates of Admission/Discharge: 17/1/2007 - 1/2/2007


Our Dearest AMMA,

My house is at Thriprayar, Valapadu. I am staying with my mother, wife and 2 children. I am a driver. My wife is not employed. My son is studying in the 6th standard and my daughter in 2nd standard. I have a brother and sister too. They both are married. My brother is working in a hotel and my sister is a housewife. We have fourteen and half cents of land which is not divided among us. My disease had started with stomach pain and vomiting. We went to the nearby hospital and had treatment. They told that it was due to gas, and they gave some medicines also. While taking the medicines there is no pain, but the pain comes every now and then.

Our neighbors belong to the Amrita family and on their recommendation, we came to the Amrita hospital for treatment. After scanning and some tests were done, we came to know that I have cancer in the large intestine. The doctors advised for an operation. My father and brother had got the same disease and now they are no more. After the surgery, there was some difficulties for me. The doctors and staffs helped me a lot to recover from the pain and difficulties. The operation which had cost Rs.56,500/- was provided free of cost and we are very much thankful to Amma. The hospital had all the modern and hi-tech facilities needed for the treatment. The doctors and staff are also very sincere and dedicated to their job. I am thankful to them also.

Regards,
Pradeep Kumar.

No comments: