Wednesday, January 31, 2007

T.K. Ashokan

MRD: 546919
Age/Sex: 49 years/Male
Department:Neuro Surgery
Dates of Admission/Discharge: 20/1/2007 - 31/1/2007


My Dearest AMMA,

I am from Nilagiri, Pattavayambu. I am doing agricultural work and my family consists of my wife and two sons. My wife is not working. My elder son is doing his 1st year graduation in commerce and my younger son is studying in plus two. One year ago, I was told that I have a small tumor in my eyes and when I showed it to doctors in the nearby hospital, they said that there is some problem with the optical nerves of my eyes. I came to know about this problem by February 2006. The doctors told surgery was needed and it that it would cost 1,50,000/-. I have no way of making this much money, as we are not having enough money for our livelihood.

We heard that Amrita hospital could help us in this matter. From 2nd December 2006 onwards, my disease worsened and I began to lose my eye-sight. We went to the Ashram in Mananthavady and met Swamiji and told all our difficulties. Swamiji gave us a letter to show at the hospital. On 22nd January 2007, I was admitted here and the operation was done successfully. Even after the operation I did not get my eyesight back, but the doctors told me that the tumor has been removed and it will take some time to regain my eyesight. We got a reduction of Rs.34,516/- and we would like to thank Amma and all the members of the Amrita family. I hope Amma will provide sight for my eyes and health for my body so that I could see Amma.

Regards,
T.K. Ashokan.

No comments: