Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rajamma

MRD: 672836
Age/Sex: 59 Years/ Female
Department: GI Surgery
Date of Admission/Discharge: 27.05.2008-10.06.2008


My Dearest AMMA,

My name is salila, I am from a place named”chembu” at vaikom district. My mother Rajamma had been suffering from severe abdominal problems for the last few years. Initially, we thought it was due to some gas problem and took some medicines for the same. But last January, my mother’s condition became worse. We took her to a nearby govt.hospital. After a detailed check up the doctor told that she was having stones at gall bladder for the last 15 years. We shifted mother from govt.hospital to another hospital. But, the doctor advised us to take her to some private hospital, as it was a high-risk surgery and they did not have the facilities too.

We are 3 daughters for our parents. We have only 2 cent plot as our asset. We 3 got married and in that aspect our family is in heavy debt. My father is a coolie worker and due to ill health now he is not in a condition to do any work. It was at this situation, we reached at ammas hospital at Ellemakarae. Very earlier we had came to know that, this hospital provides free services for several helpless and needy patients. Thus we reached here and amma gave us free treatment worth Rs 37,991. If this surgery was not done for my mother, she wouldn’t have been alive now as the condition of my mother was that serious. I don’t know how to express my gratitude to Amma. When my mother gets fully cured, we will surely come to ammas ashram to salute at her lotus feet. I extend thousands and thousands of pranams to Amma.

Regards
Salila

No comments: