Wednesday, January 31, 2007

K.M. Raju

MRD: 510281
Age/Sex: 46 years/Male
Department: CVTS
Dates of Admission/Discharge: 23/1/2007 - 31/1/2007


My dearest AMMA,

My name is Leela and my family consists of my father, mother, husband and my son. My husband is a coolie worker and we are having our livelihood from the small amount, which he gets. Suddenly one day he had a chest pain and he could not breath well. We took him to the hospital and the doctors said that his heart has a problem and an immediate surgery is needed. For the surgery Rs.1,00,000/- has to be spend. When we told the doctor that we do not have that much money for the surgery and treatment, the doctors told us about Amrita hospital. We also came to know that the hospital would conduct the surgery at a very low cost.

We met the patient service department staff and gave them the application for the treatment help. The staff came to our house and saw our situation. As a result of which we got a reduction of Rs.65, 300/-. My husband’s mother is also a heart patient, but her operation cannot be conducted under this condition. We had to buy medicines for my father and mother. My son is studying. In this situation it is very difficult to arrange the money for the surgery, so we approached the patient service department. With the help of our lovable Amma, my husband’s surgery was conducted successfully. The doctors and staffs of the hospital also provided us good treatment and support.

Regards,
Leela Raju (wife) .

No comments: