Tuesday, January 30, 2007

V.S. Aswathy

MRD 502791
Age/Sex: 3 year/ Female
Department: Paediatric Cardiology
Dates of Admission/Discharge: 21/1/2007 - 30/1/2007


My Dearest AMMA,

I am from Kottayam District, Kaduthuruthi Panchayat, Vallaramparambil house and my daughter’s name is Aswathy. She is 3 years old and she was found to have a hole in her heart. The doctors of AIMS advised a surgery immediately. The surgery and the medicines would cost Rs.80, 000/-. I am a Autorickshaw driver and as a part of self-employment scheme I had taken the autorickshaw. I had to pay some amount for the vehicle. For my sister’s marriage I had taken a loan for Rs.1,00,000/-. I am staying with my father, mother, wife, child, my brother and his family. Five years ago, my father suffered from a heart attack and I had spent a huge amount for the treatment. By driving autorickshaw I am able to meet the expenses of the household and my child’s treatment. My brother is a coolie worker and the family is living off his wages.

So in this situation when the doctors suggested a surgery, with the small amount that I am getting it is not possible to do the surgery. At this moment we approached the patient service department of AIMS and told all our difficulties. We paid Rs.30, 000/- and Amma gave the balance amount of Rs.64, 400/- to us. We pray to Amma to shower Her blessings to all the doctors and staffs who cured my child’s disease through the surgery. We are conveying our heartfelt thanks and thousands of love to our dear Amma.

Regards,
Sunilkumar V.S. (father) .

No comments: